Nagatani Seito Donabe Pot Kamado-San
What a beauty this traditional Nagatani Seito Donabe Pot Kamado-San rice cooker is. You can't go back to any other rice cooker once you used this: Authentic Iga-Yaki pottery, by Nagatani-en from Iga, Japan.
Iga-yaki is one one of Japan's most highly-regarded traditional ceramics, which is said to have originated in Iga, Mie-Prefecture in late 7th century. Nagatani-en, founded in 1832, is the leading producer of Iga-yaki potteries and their donabe rice cooker "Kamado-San", has been a best-seller product in Japan. Each donabe is carefully crafted at Nagatani-en's facility and it takes about 2 weeks for each donabe to be made.
How To Use:
- After washing, soak rice in water for 20 minutes
- Set inner lid and outer lid: Inner lid is the secret of good taste and convenience
- Cook (Medium high heat → stop heating) for about 12 minutes
- after a while, the steam rises from the hall of outer lid
- stay for 1-2 minute, and stop heating
- Let rice sit for about 20 minutes and then: EAT IT!
- Capacity: 2 Go / 2 - 4 servings (Cooked rice: 700g)
- Usable on gas stove
- Size: (H) 16cm x (D) 21cm
- Set includes pot, outer lid, inner lid, rice padle and claystone serving plate
- Origin: Japan