100% authentic Japanese rice imported directly from Japanese farmers. This rice is harvested in 2022, giving it the best freshness, quality, taste and sweetness. It is best used for sushi, onigiri and as a side dish to other dishes.
Akitakomachi is unique rice grown in Japan. It is one of the most popular types of rice there. Akitakomachi was first grown in the fertile area of Akita in the northern part of Japan. It is called the mother of Japanese rice as this areas offers the best conditions for growing high quality rice - abundance of fresh clean water, fertile soil and big difference between day and night temperature.
Now, Akitakomachi is grown in most northern parts of the main island of Honshu, which best fulfills the ideal conditions for growing rice well, with high mountainous areas and high amount of precipitation of rain and snow. The grains of Akitakomachi are transparently white, have amazing taste and unique fragrance. And its glossy grains are very elastic and sticky making truly ideal rice for sushi.
How to cook Japanese rice:
1. Use 180ml full of rice into rice cooker or pot.
2. Gently wash rice with cold water. Repeat this at least twice.
3. After gently washing the rice, put in cold water in ration 1 : 1.3 (rice : water).
4. Let it sit still for about 30 minutes.
5. Then put the rice on. Ideal in rice cooker. If not available, turn the
stove on medium for about 20-30 minutes.
6. Once rice is ready, let it sit for about 10 minutes and then very
gently mixed so that the air gets in. Ready to serve.
- Net: 1kg or 2kg
- Origin: Akita, Japan